Friday, January 18, 2013

No photo? No problem!

Have you ever wanted to create a LO because you're inspired by fabulous papers, have had a great idea, or found a new technique to try, but you just don't have the photo to suit? In the past I would never have created the page because, well, what would be the point LOL? Isn't scrapping about recording our memories? What's the point of a LO without the photos?!?!?!!* Well despite my misgivings, a few years ago I created one such LO ..


At the time I was going through a bit of a phase where I liked to create different edges on my pages. In this instance the arrows cut off two of the corners; and, please don't laugh, but the idea of using the arrows came to me in a dream. LOL! I had absolutely no idea what I was going to do with the LO but I liked it. Some time later I came across a photo from the late 1950s of GB (just a baby) and his family on a picnic. The vintage of, and memory captured by, the photo were perfect for this LO ..

Family picnics

Aside from the obvious (adding the photo) all I needed to do was include some journaling and add a title. It was so quick and easy LOL because the 'hard' work of creating the LO had already been done. I have gone on to create more LOs over time without any photos. A number of them have been sent to friends who are time poor but still want to scrap their memories. Others I have used myself. To date though, this remains my favourite.

By the way, the patterned paper was a Christmas collection released by Crate Paper. Although a Crate Paper junkie of many years, I have to admit I didn't like this particular range. However I had received the papers in a DT kit so I had to do something with them! Luckily for me, the reverse of the patterned papers were more to my taste and easy to work with!!!   :)

*Exceptions of course being LOs which are journaling focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment