Monday, September 23, 2013

One Little Word - Word Up #75 DO

I created this LO for the One Little Word challenge. Two simple letters. DO. It resonated within me and I had to get the words that kept going over and over in my head out on paper. I drew inspiration from flairs designed and made by an exciting new business StudioFourteen40.

do
published in Scrapbook Creations Issue 104

Its really something quite different for me, I think. Sure it has the usual mixed media, but I don't ordinarily work with such soft, feminine colours. They seemed to suit the black and white photo though. Plus I felt that if I used my usual palette of bright, bold colours it might seem as though I was yelling at myself. I know. Weird huh?! Perhaps even with ourselves we should be gentle? Now I'm rambling!

Anyways if this word strikes a chord with you then do the challenge LOL! You can find all the details HERE. Thanks for the prompt girls. I'm looking forward to the next Word Up!   :)

9 comments:

  1. Alz your page is fabulous! I LOVE the soft colors with the black and white photo! The layers are beautiful! and YES we do need to be gentle with ourselves! Thanks for joining us at OLW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely page. Thanks for joining us @ OLW. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous page and i love that you challenged yourself in two ways, do & the soft color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great page! Love the layers: the pink in the background, the modeling paste... Lots to see here! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your layout!! your details are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful palette the soft colors are so interesting, brings me into the page to check out all those gorgeous layers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, and powerful words too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not weird at all Alz! I know what you mean - there's a place for bright, bold colours and this layout wasn't it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We should definitely be gentle with ourselves :) I think the white space works really well.

    ReplyDelete