Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Introducing Spud with D-lish Scraps

Morning scrappy friends!

Today I'm sharing a layout I created using the techniques in Karyn Schultz's technique challenge from  the D-lish Scraps 5th Birthday Bonanza .. using plastic (instead of brushes) and water colours to create a background. I hadn't used this technique before the cyber crop and had such fun doing so, I wanted to do it again!

For this layout, being a mixed media scrapper I continued playing with different products until I had created a fabulously fun background for some quirky photos I took whilst traveling along the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia with a friend earlier this year.

We named you Spud

Because I wanted to keep the focus of this layout on the background and photos I needed to go very minimalist with my embellishments. They had to blend in with the background and photos, yet provide contrast. I achieved that by spraying some chipboard white and then using flowers that worked in with the colour scheme and others in pops of white.

The D-lish Scraps embellishments 'made' this layout if you know what I mean .. kraft Shipping Tags, a white Bitty Bag, Gold and Natural Cotton TwineHand Dyed Muslin in Blue, Teal Stain and Teal, a Flair Button from the Click Click pack, white Aster from the Spring Mix pack, white Sweet Petites, a white Sweetheart Bloom, and Freckled Fawn Dew Drops (Arrows).


Thanks again for the inspiration Karyn! GB couldn't find the Glad Wrap the other day .. oops LOL! Might have to invest in another roll!

Whatever you're doing, whomever you're with, wherever you are, I hope you're having a fabulous day.   :)

1 comment:

  1. I loved creating with paint and plastic too from that challenge! And your background is outstanding! Great textures and colors! Love it! Have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete