Wednesday, April 8, 2015

LOL! .. with 123

You know how sometimes everything just clicks? If you're a challenge junkie like I used to be, and you come across a challenge that immediately clicks, well, that's just brilliant!

LOL!

I used the current challenge at 123 for this layout. The colour this month is hot pink, the word is "LOL" and the technique is to use a grid. Whilst not your standard grid, I think my triangles are certainly, at minimum LOL, grid-like wouldn't you say?


Ordinarily I'd struggle at least a bit (usually a lot LOL) with the words in the 123 challenges, only because it doesn't feel natural to me (most likely just me, and at least a few others, LOL!) to 'force' journaling or titles. Knowing I had this photo of my niece taken in the middle of the summer just gone, yes, I said summer, and that her friend was wearing hot pink, everything just, well, clicked! LOL!


Do you feel like playing with grids in hot pink? Do you have a photo just perfect for the word "LOL"? Then get your butt over to the 123 challenge blog and give this month's challenge a go! You can find all the details HERE.

Oh, and on a side note, I think I've been abducted by aliens. I guess my next layout will be the final confirmation. Where is my mixed media and what have you done with it?

10 comments:

  1. Everything has clicked for this layout! It looks wonderful! Thanks for joining in with the 123 challenge blog this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love your triangles...between the stitching & the paper cut outs, you've totally rocked this! Thank you for playing along with 123 Challenge Blog this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Alz! I am a bit afraid of hot pink but you have done it well without overdoing it. Its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layout. The triangles look fantastic. Thanks for joining us at 123 Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing!! Love everything about it... Thanks for playing along with us at 123 Challenge Blog.. Hugs, Merry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This design is brilliant - and yes, I do think your triangles are a grid :) - thanks so much for playing along with the 123 Challenge Blog :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to pop over here to say how amazing I think this lo is Alz! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ps - I wish you had bloglovin' on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this layout. The hot pink really makes it pop. The triangle stitching as your grid looks awesome. Thanks for joining in at 123 Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of colourful layering and a cute notion for a layout.Thanks for entering 123 challenges.

    ReplyDelete