Friday, February 26, 2016

Upside down .. with Kraft Plus

Okay, so I'll admit it, I find kraft cardstock a bit of a challenge to work with. I've no idea why but yeah, its out there now, so I can't take it back LOL!

The challenge this month at Kraft Plus grabbed my attention. There was something about the term 'gone postal' (the current challenge is 'Going Postal') which had me intrigued. Because I frequently get my 'sayings' mixed up, I asked GB whether the term 'gone postal' meant anything. So he filled me in on the history of the term and I was like, hmmm. It wasn't quite what I had in mind. So then I did some research and found that in more recent times the term, aside from postal workers going crazy and killing people, can be used in a slightly less aggressive way to suggest someone's gone a bit nutty. Well that suited our Bear down to a tee with his upside down antics and was, quite simply, perfect for this challenge.

Upside down
a few close ups ..

I had a bit of fun with this layout, incorporating what I had to hand on my desk, some old, old, old products, some newer die-cuts, one of Tim Holtz's crazy birds; not really paying too much attention to design or anything. Just having some fun. Which is what I needed, and still do. I need to find the kindle (or should that be spark?) to relight my fire (or should that be passion?) for scrapping. It will come. I'm just not finding it easy. In the meantime, I'll just continue having some fun with it all. I think its time to stop taking it so seriously. Blah blah blah LOL!!

On that happy note (LOL), you can find all the details for the current challenge at Kraft Plus HERE. Oh and if you think you can't scrap on kraft cardstock, think again. I did ..

3 comments:

  1. There you go ...I learnt something haha
    Gorgeous layout and sweetest photo too...so great to see you giving the challenge a go... I have to agree with you...Kraft isn't always the easiest... hence why its a great challenge I guess.
    Mardi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sense of fun is shining through on this layout...I totally love it! Sorry, probably repeating what I said on Facebook, but I love that title, the photo & all the little touches. I hope you continue to find your passion for scrapbooking because I love what you do. Thanks for joining us over @ Kraft+ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just know I absolutely adore this Alz. Fabulous work. Thank you for joining us at Kraft plus.

    ReplyDelete