Thursday, April 13, 2017

Love this .. with Show Us Your Stuff

I pretty much love any challenge that tells me what to do. This month the challenge at Show Us Your Stuff did exactly that with a recipe challenge. This is what I came up with.

Love this

My handmade embellishments include .. a vintage Charms Creations crocheted doily, a vintage Chelley Bean Designs crochet flower, D-lish Scraps hand dyed muslin, and a Flutterby Designs flair.


Some close ups ..


My background came around in a somewhat serendipitous (?) way. My girlfriend Sandy loves her Ken Oliver Color Bursts and as I hadn't used mine in a really long time, I figured I should drag them out and have a play. My initial result was far too bright and vivid for what I wanted to do. I figured I could tone it down with white gesso but worried about the wet gesso activating all the little particles dotted around the page. But then I figured that would kinda add to the background in a good way so went for it. I love the result!

Fancy giving this month's Show Us Your Stuff challenge a go yourself? You can find all the details you need HERE.

Happy scrapping!
SaveSaveSave

3 comments:

  1. I really love the colours in this, and the way you have toned down the brightness of the Ken Olivers is a stroke of genius. Fabulous layout Alz, thanks for joining us at SUYS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet layout! Love the background work and all the little details. Thanks for joining SUYS in April!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH so pretty, love your background and your use of the vintage embellies. Great LO, Thanks for joining us in the April Challenge at SUYS

    ReplyDelete